"The Executive Council of the Alabama Library Association, Inc. is entrusted with conducting the business of the Association and is charged with keeping the membership informed of its official acts through The Alabama Librarian or other means. (Article IV, 1)" -- Alabama Library Association Handbook, Chapter 5, p.9. Information about the duties of the officers is available in Chapter 6, p.13.
Members can keep current with the Executive Council by reviewing the approved minutes from the Executive Council meetings. In addition, members can view the Association's calendar to find important dates, including the dates, times, and locations of all Executive Council meetings.
Finally, all members can contact the Association Office for any assistance.
Current members of the Executive Council are the Officers, Division Chairpersons, Ex-Officio Members, Alabama Librarian Editors, Scholarship Fund, Inc. Board President, Round Table Moderators, and Committee Chairs.
Voting members are limited to officers and division chairpersons.
- President: Wendy Stephens, 204 California St., Huntsville, AL 35801, (256) 520-1878, email@example.com
- President-Elect: Paula Laurita, Athens-Limeston Public Library, 405 E. South St, Athens, AL 35611, (256) 32-1233, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past President: Jeff Simpson, Troy University - Montgomery, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334) 241-8604, email@example.com
- Secretary:James Gilbreath, Brown Mackie College Library, 105 Vulcan Road, Suite 400, Birmingham, AL 35209, (205) 909-1554, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: John Gantt, Auburn University at Montgomery, PO Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124-4023, (334) 244-3781, email@example.com [term begins 7/2013 and ends 6/2016]
- Member-at-Large: Central Alabama: Barbara Curry, Autagua Prattville Public Library, 254 Doster Street, Prattville, AL 36067, (334) 365-3396, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2016]
- Member-at-Large: North Alabama: VACANT [term ends 4/2015]
- Member-at-Large: South Alabama: Kent Snowden, Troy University - Montgomery, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334)-241-9783, email@example.com [term ends 4/2016]
- Children's & School: Cendy Cooper, Tarrant Middle/High School, 91 Black Creek Road, Tarrant, AL 35217, (205) 849-0172, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College, University & Special: Tim Dodge, Auburn University, Ralph Brown Draughon Library, 231 Mell St., Auburn University, AL 36849-5606, (334) 844-1729, email@example.com
- Public Library: Abby Carpenter, Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N Wood Avenue, Florence, AL 35630, (256) 764-6564 ext. 27, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Association Administrator: Angela Moore, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117,(334) 414-0113; email@example.com
- Web Administrator: Jodi W. Poe, Jacksonville State University, Houston Cole Library, 700 Pelham Road, Jacksonville, AL 36265, (256) 782-8103, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALA Councillor: Henry Stewart, Troy University, 405 Wilson Drive, Troy, AL 36079, (334) 670-3263, email@example.com [term ends 4/2015]
- SELA Representative: Margie Calhoun, Mobile Public Library, 6050 Grelot Road, #107, 701 Government Street, Mobile, Al 36609, 251-208-7860, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2016]
- ALLA COMMunicator Editor: VACANT
- Archivist: Donnelly Walton, W.S. Hoole Special Collection Library, University of Alabama, PO Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0266, (205) 393-3245, email@example.com
- AVL Representative: Carolyn Jo Starkey, Shades Valley High School/Jefferson County IB School/Shades Valley Technical Academies, 6100 Old Leeds Road, Irondale, AL, (205) 379-5350, firstname.lastname@example.org
- President, Scholarship Fund, Inc.: Dena Luce, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117, (334) 324-5027, email@example.com