"The Executive Council of the Alabama Library Association, Inc. is entrusted with conducting the business of the Association and is charged with keeping the membership informed of its official acts through The Alabama Librarian or other means. (Article IV, 1)" -- Alabama Library Association Handbook, Chapter 5, p.9. Information about the duties of the officers is available in Chapter 6, p.13.
Members can keep current with the Executive Council by reviewing the approved minutes from the Executive Council meetings. In addition, members can view the Association's calendar to find important dates, including the dates, times, and locations of all Executive Council meetings.
Finally, all members can contact the Association Office for any assistance.
Current members of the Executive Council are the Officers, Division Chairpersons, Ex-Officio Members, Alabama Librarian Editors, Scholarship Fund, Inc. Board President, Round Table Moderators, and Committee Chairs.
Voting members are limited to officers and division chairpersons.
- President: Jeff Simpson, Troy University - Montgomery, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334) 241-8604, email@example.com
- President-Elect: Wendy Stephens, 204 California St., Huntsville, AL 35801, (256) 520-1878, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past President: Emily Tish, Trussville Public Library, 201 Parkway Drive, Trussville, AL 35173, (205) 559-4639, email@example.com
- Secretary: Carolyn Jo Starkey, Shades Valley High School/Jefferson County IB School/Shades Valley Technical Academies, 6100 Old Leeds Road, Irondale, AL, (205) 379-5350, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: John Gantt, Auburn University at Montgomery, PO Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124-4023, (334) 244-3781, email@example.com [term begins 7/2013 and ends 6/2016]
- Member-at-Large: Central Alabama: Carrie Steinmehl, Hoover Public Library, 200 Municipal Drive, Hoover, AL 35216 (205) 444-7748, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2014]
- Member-at-Large: North Alabama: Paula Laurita, Athens-Limeston Public Library, 405 E. South St, Athens, AL 35611, (256) 32-1233, email@example.com [term ends 4/2015]
- Member-at-Large: South Alabama: Kent Snowden, Troy University - Montgomery, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334)-241-9783, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2014]
- Children's & School: Dr. Susan Cordell, NBCT, Station 33, The University of West Alabama, Livingston, AL 35470, 205-652-5421, email@example.com
- College, University & Special: Stephanie Rollins, Samford University Library, 800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229, (334) 221-2194, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Library: Jane Daugherty, Samford University Library, 800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229, (334) 726-2770, email@example.com
- Association Administrator: Angela Moore, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117,(334) 414-0113; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Administrator: Jodi W. Poe, Jacksonville State University, Houston Cole Library, 700 Pelham Road, Jacksonville, AL 36265, (256) 782-8103, email@example.com
- ALA Councillor: Henry Stewart, Troy University, 405 Wilson Drive, Troy, AL 36079, (334) 670-3263, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2015]
- SELA Representative: Margie Calhoun, Mobile Public Library, 6050 Grelot Road, #107, 701 Government Street, Mobile, Al 36609, 251-208-7860, email@example.com [term ends 4/2016]
- ALLA COMMunicator Editor: Carolyn Jo Starkey, Shades Valley High School/Jefferson County IB School/Shades Valley Technical Academies, 6100 Old Leeds Road, Irondale, AL, (205) 379-5350, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archivist: Donnelly Walton, University of Alabama, (205) 348-0505, email@example.com
- AVL Representative: Danny Stewart, Pell City Public Library, 1923 1st Avenue North, Pell City, AL 35125, (205) 884-1015, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- President, Scholarship Fund, Inc.: Dena Luce, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117, (334) 324-5027, firstname.lastname@example.org