ALLA Annual Convention
2013 Annual Convention: Alabama Libraries: Find Your Voice!
The 2013 Annual Convention is almost here. If you have not registered yet, there is still time. Register today and join us in Montgomery at the Renaissance Hotel, April 23-26, 2013 for "Alabama Libraries: Find Your Voice!"
Check out the ALLA Online Store to get a t-shirt with the 2013 Convention logo.
2012 Annual Convention: Alabama Libraries: ALLAccess
The 2012 Annual Convention was held at the Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover.
Thank you for joining us at the 2012 Convention! We hope everyone had a great time. Check out pictures from the Convention. You can move your mouse over the image on the right to enlarge it and then right click to save it.
If you are interested in purchasing one of the "I Rock" T-shirts, here are the links:
The 2012 Annual Convention featured speakers included Janis Ian at the Opening Session, and Ridley Pearson at the President's Program Luncheon. The Author Awards were presented to :
- Nonfiction: Condoleezza Rice for Extraordinary, Ordinary People (in absentia)
- Fiction: Sonny Brewer for The Widow and the Tree
- Juvenile: Deborah Wiles for Countdown
- Young Adult: Watt Key for Dirt Road Home
The Association Award Winners were:
- Eminent Librarian Award: Sue DeBrecht, Director of the Emmet O'Neal Library
- Distinguished Service Award: Thomas C. Wilson, Chair of the Alabama Digital Preservation Network from 2009-2011
- Public Servant Award: Clyde Bolton, member of the Trussville Public Library Board
- Library Roll of Honor: Ruth Hammon, former Director of the Rainsville Public Library
- Merit Award: The Friends of the Washington County Public Library
- Humanitarian Award: Nancy M. Rohr, retired educator
- Intellectual Freedom Award: Amanda Jackson, Director of the Gadsden PUblic Library
Join us in congratulating all of our 2012 award winners!